Wednesday, October 3, 2012

One Fine Day

One Fine Day

As I walk down 86th Street, I reach the west end of Central Park. It's a beautiful day and the streets are filled with tons and tons of people of all shape, size, and color. The bright green leaves of the trees are glistening in the sunlight, still wet from the sun shower that morning. I can smell the smog and grime of the city, yet something about it makes me happy to be there. I walk to the center of the park and sit beneath a large common bald cypress tree overlooking a pond. I lay down and gaze at the sky and everything seems to be perfect. I close my eyes and think to myself: I can't believe I am here. This dream of mine, my life, all coming together at once. "I'm so far. From all of it. It's...exhilarating, frightening, and it's a relief. I'm on my own." I open my eyes and take in a deep breath of the summer air. It will be fall soon and that's when it will all begin. Everything I've ever dreamed of and everything I have worked for, it is finally here at last.



http://eveningswiththeunknown.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. When I first looked at your blog, the background caught my eye. The Yankees hat and the first post about your home immediately led me to believe that you were describing New York City. The second post seemed to be about someone moving to New York for school or perhaps a new job whenever you said “"I'm so far. From all of it. It's...exhilarating, frightening, and it's a relief. I'm on my own." I went into this post thinking that it would be another story about being back home, which may have been the opposite that you were intending to do. Whatever you meant to do, I liked it, I just had to go back and read it with a different mindset. I liked the picture you chose- It made me think that you were sitting in the grass and that you took your phone out to get a wide shot of the people relaxing on blankets. The picture was relevant with the text. The language you chose was simple yet refreshing. I almost got the vibe that this was an entry in a journal that you keep to track your new beginnings, the dream that was coming together. This post sparks a lot of interest for me. I want to know why the person is in New York, why they are so happy to be there and why is it such a relief to be far “from all of it.” Were they running away from something? Was he/she having family problems, relationship issues or were they were struggling to figure out what they really wanted to do with the rest of their life? What was the dream that was turning into reality? It would be interesting to see if any of these questions will be answered in future blog posts.

    ReplyDelete